For those choosing to mine on a Linux-based operating system, we provide a package that is compatible with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS “Bionic Beaver”. You may choose to attempt to install on other distributions, but our ability to support you may be more limited.
We provide an easy-to-use script for newcomers who would like a straightforward method of installation.
1. To get started, copy and paste the following line into your terminal:
sudo su -c "bash <( wget -qO- https://download.cudo.org/tenants/135790374f46b0107c516a5f5e13069b/5e5f800fdf87209fdf8f9b61441e53a1/linux/x64/stable/install.sh )"
This downloads our convenience script and runs it interactively on your computer with the privileges it needs to install.
2. During this, you will be guided through some questions about the type of installation you would like, after which, our software will be up and running.
3. You’re mining!
To get the best experience, ensure you’re running the NVIDIA or AMD-supplied drivers for your GPU hardware, as appropriate.
For more conventional Linux users, we provide the following manual steps for the common method of installing from an APT repository.
1. If you’re not already logged in as the root user, elevate to an interactive root shell:
2. Download our signing key to your APT trusted sources:
wget -O /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d/cudo.asc https://download.cudo.org/keys/pgp/apt.asc
3. Add our installation source to your APT repositories:
echo 'deb [arch=amd64] https://download.cudo.org/repo/apt/ stable main' | tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/cudo.list
Optionally, you may choose to change “stable” in the previous command to “experimental” if you’d like to use our latest build, which will often have more features, but can be unstable.
4. Update your local package indexes so they include our installation source:
5. Install the software:
apt-get install cudo-miner-core cudo-miner-service cudo-miner-cli cudo-miner-desktop
You may choose to omit either the command-line package or the graphical desktop package from the above, if not required in your environment.
6. Either use the graphical desktop interface, or the command
'cudominercli login <username>'
, as appropriate, to connect the miner to your organisation.
7. You’re mining!
Get a 5,000 satoshi bonus from us to get you started!